Podcaster in Residence Program USER AGREEMENT (Updated Effective July 13, 2023)
Terms of service for Podcasters opting into the Podcaster in Residence Program
Definition of the Podcaster in Residence Program
The Podcaster in Residence program (the “Program”) is an invite only Program for established podcasters that have a minimum download requirement, which download requirement Ossa may establish at its discretion and may be amended at any given time based on the needs, capabilities and availability of Ossa. The purpose of this Program is to provide additional earning opportunities, sales representation and support to podcasters that are at a more developed stage of their podcasting career.
Requirements, Obligations, and Conditions
The Program asks for a commitment for 12 months of participation, and requires a 3 month minimum commitment. After two months you can terminate your participation on 30 days advance notice, subject to completing any campaigns ongoing during the notice of termination period.
To participate in the Program, you are required to migrate your show to a free Ossa Spreaker Account that will be part of an Ossa Master Spreaker Account and your new or continued use of the free Ossa Spreaker Account is your agreement to the Free Hosting Service Terms and Conditions (outlined below).
The Program is non exclusive, so you can still monetize with other companies.
Ossa will provide ad operations in the form of appending prefixes, setting up, monitoring and optimizing campaigns for both Ossa campaigns and advertisers that are non Ossa advertisers.
You will have access to a dedicated audio production team member for ad related audio tasks where possible.
You will have an ability to sell Episodic and Sponsorship Ads:
- Episodic means sell by episode rather than by CPM rate
- Sponsorship means selling a slate of opportunities including but not limited to Instagram, Tiktok, Youtube, blog posts, newsletters, etc at a fixed and long term rate for advertisers including but not limited to 3, 6, 9 and 12 month packages.
You will have an ability to sell Programmatic Ads;
Ossa provided Programmatic Ads- defined CPM’s, and
Spreaker Prime provided Programmatic Ads – bidding and variable.
Podcasters who are provided with additional sales representation through Ossa Partners will also be required to opt into the partner’s terms of service.
Podcasters In Residence are also subject to Free Hosting Program Terms of Service which are as follows:
As part of our Service offerings for those Podcasters In Residence opting in to the Program, Ossa has established an OSSA Master Account on the Spreaker hosting platform https://www.spreaker.com/ and is offering each Podcaster invited to participate in the Program who has an active account to establish a free Ossa Spreaker Account (which will be part of the Ossa Master Account) to host their shows on Spreaker. By your establishing and/or using such a free Ossa Spreaker Account after the Effective Date hereof, ito host your shows,, you signify your assent and agreement to these terms and conditions of our Free Hosting Program Terms of Service as set forth herein. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of our Free Hosting Program Terms of Service and this User Agreement, you must not use the free Ossa Account available through the Program. (For clarity, your use of a personal Spreaker account paid for by you does not signify your assent and agreement to the Free Hosting Program Terms of Service.)
A: For those Podcasters who create a free Ossa Spreaker account:
- OSSA has arranged with Spreaker to provide you with the following additional services and benefits:
- Your Ossa Spreaker account will be dedicated exclusively to hosting your shows on Spreaker at no cost to you. This includes any shows currently hosted on a different hosting platform or on a paid-for Spreaker account that are migrated to your Ossa Spreaker account.
- You will have access to Spreaker’s capabilities, tools and services, including user support services, that are associated with an individual, paid Publisher (enterprise) level account on Spreaker.
- Statistics for your shows hosted on your Ossa Spreaker account.
- Premium Programmatic advertising opportunities for your shows hosted on your Ossa Spreaker account.
- Dynamic advertising opportunities for your shows hosted on your Ossa Spreaker account.
- Ad operations
- Ossa will provide you with a dedicated team member to assist you with your ad operations including but not limited to Ossa Advertisers and Sponsors. This includes prefixes, campaign optimization, an account manager to communicate with other sponsors and advertisers.
B: You agree to the following additional terms of service:
- To open an Ossa Spreaker account, you will receive an invite from Ossa and agree to the Spreaker terms of service once you have signed up.
- You will cooperate and work with Ossa to migrate to your Ossa Spreaker account your eligible pre-existing shows, which migration must be completed within fourteen (14) days of opening your Ossa Spreaker account. Note that the only shows that can be migrated into your Ossa Spreaker account are shows of an Ossa member having an active Account.
- You will adjust your Ossa Spreaker account settings to:
- opt out of accepting the following categories of advertising: smoking, vaping, guns, and illegal content.
- permit a minimum of two (2) spots for programmatic ads, which spots can be pre roll and/or post roll per show.
- include in the RSS feed for each show any prefix that may be required by Ossa or Spreaker for tracking your shows hosted on your Ossa Spreaker account to generate statistics as compiled by Spreaker, e.g., information relevant to advertising such as downloads, impressions, etc.
- Ossa may at any time access your Ossa Spreaker account to obtain your hosted show statistics, and also to act as your agent to adjust any of your Ossa Spreaker account settings so that you are or will be in compliance with your obligations under subsection B.3, provided that Ossa’s use of your statistics will be limited to Ossa’s business purposes as set forth in these Free Hosting Program Terms of Service and Ossa’s general Terms of Service and in particular for finding advertising opportunities for you as part of our Services.
- You may terminate your use of your Ossa Spreaker account at any time after the first two months of participation on 30 days advance notice, except that if you are participating in an active campaign through Ossa, you must wait until all Ossa campaigns are concluded to terminate your use of your Ossa Spreaker account. If you terminate use, you will be responsible for transferring your shows to another hosting company or to a Spreaker-provided hosting account offered at Spreaker’s then available terms and conditions and associated pricing.
- Except for Programmatic ad opportunities, you may opt out of any Ossa advertising campaign offered to you, the same as if you were not using an Ossa Spreaker account.
- Ossa has no liability for any issues, lost shows, mishaps, inaccurate statistics, failed downloads, etc. that may arise from hosting your shows on your Ossa Spreaker account.
- Ossa may cancel this Program and Ossa’s Master Spreaker Account at any time in which case you will be responsible for transferring to another hosting company or to a Spreaker-provided hosting account offered at Spreaker’s then available terms and conditions and pricing.