Open: April 6, 2021
Close: May 28, 2021
Successful applicants notified by: (applications accepted on a rolling basis) – June 7, 2021 final notification
Program Start Date: June 17, 2021
Program End Date: August 2, 2021
By applying to participate in the Ossa Academy, you agree to these terms and conditions and affirm that the representations below are true and correct.
You satisfy the following qualifications, namely that you:
- Identify as female or non-binary (she/her/they/them)
- Have not signed any exclusivity agreement with another podcast network
- Host an active podcast (i.e., published at least one episode in the past full calendar month)
- Demonstrate a long-term commitment to creating high-quality content with your podcast
- Are at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Are passionate about podcasting, building industry relationships, and learning new skills
- Create 100% original content with third party sources cited and licensed (if and as applicable)
- Show a solid presence on social networks
- Have identified and understand your short and long-term objectives for your podcast
- Have provided Ossa with your user metrics for at least the last three (3) months, so that Ossa may evaluate your average number of downloads per episode, growth over time, and how long your show has been running
If selected for participation in the Ossa Academy, You:
- Are willing and able to participate in the program from start to finish. Participation will be entirely virtual and will require a minimum of 2 hours per week over the course of the 7-week program.
- Will not use any hate speech or bullying of any kind, and you agree and acknowledge that everyone at Ossa Academy has the right to feel safe and welcome!
- Will not use your participation for any promotional or spamming purposes. You agree and acknowledge that the Ossa Academy will be a space for the Ossa Podcasters program and related tasks only.
- Will be engaged, ask questions, and seek out opportunities to connect and support your fellow podcasters participating in the Ossa Academy.
- Agree that (1) Ossa (directly or indirectly) (i) may record (audio and/or video) any or all of your participation in the Ossa Academy, including any material or information you submit or post in the course of your participation (collectively “recordings”), (ii) will exclusively own such recordings and any copyrights therein, and (iii) may use and publish such recordings, in whole or in part, whether annotated, altered or modified in any way without any restrictions, in any medium, format, or platform now existing or hereafter created, together with your name, the name of your business and the name of your podcast for any advertising, coaching, training, educational, commercial, promotional, exploitation, and other public or private purpose, as Ossa sees fit in Ossa’s sole discretion, in perpetuity throughout the world without requiring further consent from or any royalty, payment, or other compensation to you, and (2) you waive any right of publicity, privacy, moral rights, and copyright in connection with Ossa’s use of such recordings. For clarity, if you do not agree to allow Ossa to own and use recordings of your participation as Ossa sees fit, then your choice is to not participate in the Ossa Academy.
Breach of these terms and conditions
- Your Ossa Academy membership may be suspended or terminated at Ossa’s sole discretion if you fail to comply with the participation requirements.
All terms and conditions are subject to change by Ossa without notice